RE: 480P - Anyone know what this is?

	>>But dont you think that feeling of
	>>immediacy has more to do with the much more careless shooting that
video
	>>offers w.r.t to film which normally demands a more careful and
planned
	>>shooting?

	No.

	>>Are you saying a story gets better if the temporal resolution is
reduced?

	No, I'm saying that the images begin to depart from normal human
perception of true reality. In fictional storytelling, this is, IMHO, a good
thing.

	>>The point is that film as used for electronic distribution is not
used at
	>>its best. Film is and could still be for a long while a really
future proof
	>>media.

	Even if I agreed that a higher frame rate were a desirable thing,
obviously you're not the one who would have to pay for the additional stock
and processing. We in Hollywood work in a world in which cost savings is the
name of the game. I'm still trying to figure out how the hell any of this
high def stuff is going to get paid for in the first place.

	Mike Most, Encore Video, L.A.

---
Thanks to James Erickson & Dennis Mahaffay for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
996 subscribers in 39 countries on Fri Jul 17 15:36:11 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com