Re: resolution?

Geoff,

 I am sorry but I will not comment on the performance of specific equipment
for two reasons.  First, although I do not work for Sony Electronics, I do
work for a Sony company, and it would be inappropriate for me to comment on
the performance of another manufacturers equipment.  The second reason is
that too often I see unqualified opinions presented as factual information.
As I said in my original e-mail; resolution is a complex subject which is
often over simplified.  Therefore, I do not want to be guilty of this
myself.

If you, or anyone else, should decide to make your own measurements I would
be happy to further explain the process, but as I said in my original
e-mail,  excellent information on this subject is available at
"http://www.sinepatterns.com".

John Galt.

John Galt wrote:
>>I will not comment on the optical performance of specific systems or
>>telecines. ...........this is a complex subject, if you
>>would like me to elaborate I will do so privately, or publicly, if there is
>>enough general interest in this subject.
>
>Please do, I'm sure the relative performance of telecine optic's and more
>specifically the advances made in recent years is of enormous interest to
>fellow TIGers.
>For example, the what about the optics used in Cintel's HD MK3 - how do they
>compare with whats available today?
>
>Geoff Cooper

John Galt,
Vice President High Definition Technology Development
Sony Pictures High Definition Center
10202 West Washington Blvd.
Culver City
CA 90232-3195

VOICE: 310-244-4387     FAX: 310-244-3014
E-MAIL: johngalt at earthlink.net

---
Thanks to Queue Systems and Lipsner Smith for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
997 subscribers in 39 countries on Mon Jul 13 21:57:29 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com