Re: 480P - Anyone know what this is?

>>Wilbur and Orville Wright had no previous experience in the design,
>>specification and construction of airplanes... much less flying.  Yet they
>>did a good job of starting us on "the next major step" in transportation.
>>
>Sorry, but Orville and Wilbur were inventing fresh technology, not telling
>Rolls how to make the next version of the jet engine. They were innovators.

Nope.  Otto LIlienthal, of Germany, logged no less than 2500 glider flights
and published a book on aerodynamics in 1889.

Others, such as Langley, had engine-powered flying machines before the
Wright bros.

The Wrights further developed the science and were able to put a man on a
somewhat controllable flying machine.  The first flight was twelve seconds
long.

Here's a neat Wright Brothers (literally) site.

http://aeroweb.brooklyn.cuny.edu/history/wright/wriframe.html

The point is that Microsoft not having experience on our side of the pond
does not invalidate their opinions or ideas.

-Martin

---
Thanks to Queue Systems and Lipsner Smith for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1000 subscribers in 39 countries on Mon Jul 13 15:22:53 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com