Re: 480P - Anyone care what this is?

Rob Lingelbach wrote:

> On Jul 10, 22:51, Tom McMahon wrote:
> } Subject: RE: [TIG] 480P - Anyone know what this is?
>
> > [TLM - Java is about as free and open as the recipe for Coca-Cola.
> > The programming language is fine.  Drink it up good.  But if you want
>
> The programming language is not 'free', and I didn't infer that it
> was.  Java was designed to be operating system-independent.  Microsoft
> perceived it as a threat to its hegemonic profits...deletia.

Boy,

Could you have expected any other response from our friends at Microsoft? In the
past two years I have never seen a more self serving attempt to ram DTV
standards down broadcasters throats much less Java standardization. If
broadcasting had any political representation at all, we'd all be working in
1080p tommorow. Instead we are catering to the lowest common denominator. The
weakest operating system of a PC. I'm sick.

--Bob
Bob Festa                                    festa at pacbell.net
Director of Advanced Imaging    festa at encorevideo.com
Encore Santa Monica                  310 656 7663

---
Thanks to Doug Leighton, Ted Brady, & Gary Coates for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1001 subscribers in 38 countries on Sat Jul 11 17:24:48 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com