RE: 480P - Anyone know what this is?

On Jul 10, 22:51, Tom McMahon wrote:
} Subject: RE: [TIG] 480P - Anyone know what this is?

> [TLM - Java is about as free and open as the recipe for Coca-Cola.
> The programming language is fine.  Drink it up good.  But if you want

The programming language is not 'free', and I didn't infer that it
was.  Java was designed to be operating system-independent.  Microsoft
perceived it as a threat to its hegemonic profits, so licensed Java
from Sun; MS then subverted Java's purpose entirely, and violated the
license agreement, by adding proprietary code to make it
Windows-dependent.  Ergo Sun's lawsuit against Microsoft.  JavaOne,
the lobby of 15,000 independent software designers/programmers,
strongly opposes Microsoft's WinJava steamroller.  See
http://msbc.simplenet.com/news/98_03_23.shtml

--Rob

rob at tele.com                    KB6CUN   http://www.alegria.com

---
Thanks to Doug Leighton, Ted Brady, & Gary Coates for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1001 subscribers in 38 countries on Fri Jul 10 23:52:09 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com