[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: 480P - Anyone know what this is?
- To: "bob" <bob at bluescreen.com>, "telecine" <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: RE: 480P - Anyone know what this is?
- From: "Dewolde, Jeff" <jeffdewolde at intl-image.com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 13:59:00 -0400
- Organization: International Image
- Resent-Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 14:02:40 -0700
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"3yd-kB.A.uFE.ZFop1" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
> You and I will never agree on this issue because I find it impossible to
> believe that the company you represent here is concerned with anything but
> their own gain in this
Microsoft is a company. Its sole purpose is to make as much money as it
This is the sole purpose of most companies (at least those that survive).
Companies that only existed for "the good of the people" disappeared with
the collapse of the Soviet Union.
> I also don't believe that the next major step in
> television standards should be pushed by a group with little to no
> broadcast, production, or post production experience who are urging us to
> settle for "good enough" just so they can widen their presence and
As opposed to the Microsoft's, Oracle's and Sun's of the world having to
about us in "traditional" post and broadcast, perhaps for our own survival
should be learning a lot more about them. The playing field is about to
Thanks to Doug Leighton, Ted Brady, & Gary Coates for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
1006 subscribers in 38 countries on Fri Jul 10 14:02:12 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/