[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: 480P - Anyone know what this is?
- To: "'Ron Martin'" <ron at dvcc.com>, multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: RE: 480P - Anyone know what this is?
- From: Mike Most <mmost at encorevideo.com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 14:50:26 -0700
- Resent-Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 14:51:01 -0700
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"lUEBKD.A.eK.Zm-o1" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
>>I would like to see the post facilities make a stand for 1080i
mastering of film for
Why not 1080i/48???? For those that are mastering assembled film
material, this is a non-issue, but for those of us in television, which will
in all likelihood continue to be edited electronically, we have a golden
opportunity to eliminate all of the conversion issues related to 3:2
pulldown, and accommodate all formats, including progressive scan, in one
fell swoop. If this is going to take a year or two to achieve, so what?? The
world isn't going to stop if HDTV is not on the air this coming season. In
fact, the world won't even notice.....
Mike Most, Encore Video, L.A.
Thanks to Kevin Shaw, Avenue Edit, and Modern Video for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
1002 subscribers in 38 countries on Wed Jul 8 14:50:12 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/