Re: Noisey Transfer impossible Question.

>White dots, very small and
>in a fixed pattern seemingly strobing. I have not been able to see the
>original Digi-beta of the transfer, but We did not see this in the Telecine
>Suite, only after. It is on every copy, and dub, and edited peice made from
>the Digi-beta.

The first step has to be a careful examination of the original DigiBeta of
the transfer.

It is not possible to guess the source without knowing where after telecine
the dots first appeared.  If the original tape is not clean, retransfer is
likely the only cost effective way to fix it while maintaining quality.

Like Christopher Bacon suggested, it sure sounds like digital hits to me.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTE compositing.

Thanks to Trans/EFX Systems for supporting the TIG in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1007 subscribers in 38 countries on Fri Jul  3 11:07:59 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com