Re: DVNR

This is an open-ended post, directed to anyone on the TIG
that loves the aesthetics of film.  Saw GONE WITH THE WIND
yesterday, wondering what the buzz is regarding the re-
surrection of IB Tech.  After asking that the!#$ at *&!!!
projector be focused, I got down to evaluating how the
resurrected process looked.  Most of what I saw was quite
encouraging.

One thing troubled me, and that was the 4 or 5 instances
where the image rolled clearly out of frame.  I am guessing
this is due to having to source pre-print from ... wherever.
I think it is clear that this return is still a work in
progress, but anyone with an eye has got to applaud the
prospect of new film projects being struck in this
process.  Who would have thought ... ???

--
Chip Hess
CINEMA DEMENTIA

"You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead."

---
Thanks to Trans/EFX Systems for supporting the TIG in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1004 subscribers in 38 countries on Tue Jun 30 17:45:00 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com