Re: [TIG]DVNR

So why don't you just send the laser discs back and complain?

Just to add to the rest of the comments:  the adequacy of the various
devices that my colleagues have mentioned also depends on the software
that
they are using.  The older software versions I have to say are awful....

The MNR11 never worked, but it was a stepping stone onto the next
version.

Benny, it is possible to move forwards technically, and not all
colourists
are idiots.  So you need to get the info back to the distributor so that

they actually look into the problem.

For example, I mentioned last time that I had to endure terrible sound
on
"Fallen", well last night I had to endure extremely deep green coloured
tram
lines through five rolls of "Wild Creatures" in the cinema.  What also
was
interesting was that the tram lines weren't straight, they wiggled, and
were
in the middle and both sides!!  The dirt factor was also
unbelievable.....
Of course I complained and got free tickets.....  It seems that the deal

here is that you get to see movies for free as they are bad quality.  I
would prefer to pay and have decent quality prints and sound.

Ken

--
Ken Robinson

Phone +56 2 207 9515
Fax   +56 2 228 5871

186,282.396 miles per second.  Not just a good idea.....  It's the LAW!

---
Thanks to Trans/EFX Systems for supporting the TIG in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1004 subscribers in 38 countries on Mon Jun 29 13:52:48 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com