From: BENNY NEWMAN <ROADSHOW at webtv.net>
To: telecine at alegria.com <telecine at alegria.com>
Date: Sunday, June 28, 1998 9:27 PM
Subject: [TIG] DVNR

I feel compelled to respond to your posts with regard to the way I have
been unspecific with respect to the above. I am referring to the dirt
removal application of DVNR. I am very aware of the good it can achieve,
it is the misuse which concerns me. Overuse eats away at any subtle
light reflections, creating a distracting 'pulsating' effect. For
example, the most recent laserdisc releases of "THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD
STILL", "DOCTOR ZHIVAGO" and "THE SOUND OF MUSIC" come immediately to
mind. I am also constantly seeing problematic transfers on AMC and TCM.
I hardly think that a problem as serious as this is wasting anybody's
time.
               Benny Newman.

---
Thanks to Trans/EFX Systems for supporting the TIG in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1005 subscribers in 38 countries on Mon Jun 29 10:12:52 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com