625/24

In light of some recent discussions on the group Re:625/24, I have a few
questions:
Does the DVD format code  625/24 fps. with the respective output being done
by the
player. i.e. the player chipset does all the 3:2 pulldown, down conversion
etc? With this kind
of technique being used, Would then the most sensible route for (feature)
film mastering
 be to telecine everything in the 625/24 domain? This would enable whatever
format is
required from the same master tape. This would save time in multi-format
laybacks
using an expensive Telecine session. A pass through a 'converter box' at a
later stage is
all that would be required. And taking this logic further, would it be a
good idea to transfer
all feature films in either 16:9 and 21:9 anamorphic ? Again using a pass
through a
device like an ARC to 'Pan & Scan'. Or would I be cutting my own throat
with reduced
revenue  from less Telecine time?

Stuart Fyvie
BBC Post London.

---
Thanks to Trans/EFX Systems for supporting the TIG in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
1005 subscribers in 38 countries on Sat Jun 27 13:39:41 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com