[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
DCT question from CML
- To: telecine internet group <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: DCT question from CML
- From: rob at alegria.com (Rob Lingelbach)
- Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 20:03:52 -0700
- Organization: Altruistic Intentions, Hollywood, CA
- Phone-number: +1 213 464 6266
- Reply-To: Rob Lingelbach <rob at alegria.com>
- Resent-Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 20:04:46 -0700
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"HSaVq.A.KrB.gyGk1" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
- Sender: Rob Lingelbach <rob at sun.alegria.com>
Here on the TIG is a question from the CML about DCT to PAL or NTSC.
If I could add more acronyms I would.
----------forwarded message from jeffkreines at mindspring.com follows:
From: Jeff Kreines <jeffkreines at mindspring.com>
To: "David Mullen" <davidm2 at earthlink.net>,
"Cinematography List" <CML at cinematography.net>
Sender: owner-cml at cinematography.net
The Ampex DCT tape format can lay down a film at 24 fps without pulldown,
nearly uncompressed, in such a way that you can then extract clean PAL
and NTSC versions from it. Many post facilities use this and like this
Perhaps someone here from the TIG (Rob, Jean, someone) could elaborate.
Thanks to John Seberg and Don Ver Ploeg for supporting the TIG in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
1003 subscribers in 38 countries on Tue Jun 23 20:03:55 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/