Re: Clever Marketing

----------
telecine group <telecine at alegria.com>
> Subject: [TIG] Clever Marketing
> Date: 10 June 1998 08:10
>
> An interesting marketing observation;
>
> I have noticed recently that some feature film DVD's give credit to not
> only the colorist who did the transfer but also the post facility and the
> telecine type (Spirit DataCine). This is printed on the liner notes of
the
> package. Most packages do not document this.

As far as Dvix is concerned,they won't be releasing any widescreen versions
in the 16:9 anamorphic format, only pan & scan. Makes the whole 'quality'
issue about which type of telecine it was transfered on pointless. Who the
hell cares anyway, specially when Mpeg 2 should be re-named
'smear-o-vision'.

Stuart Fyvie
BBC Telecine Post.
London.

---
Thanks to Neal Kassner and Hans Lehmann for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
984 subscribers in 38 countries on Thu Jun 11 06:35:56 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com