Bullworth

To the group:

    Here is what I know about Bullworth:

        The film was photographed spherically for1.85:1 projection, so
I have no idea where a scope print could have come from.

        Having seen the answer print at Tech I can attest that it was
fine example of Vitorio's photography, complementing the main
character's journey. For a more in-depth look at Bullworth, see this
month's American Cinematographer.

        The transfer credit was a suprise to me, I didn't see it until
I put the final version of R6 on tape, which having consulted my
project notes, was the 29th of May. As at that point the HD masters
were MOS, I find it hard to believe that anyone could have arranged for
a secret electronic cinema demonstration in the time available. Thanks
to Vitorio for swinging the credit.

        Any film print of this would either have been an ENR print from
Tech or a dye xfer print from their new production line. When I saw the
answer print, I saw a test of both ENR and IB, and the IB looked quite
good. It did, however, come from their pilot printer and not the
production one. I would still guess that most of what Mike saw was IB
stuff, but who knows for sure?? One possible explanation for his seeing
problems that were only in particular scenes is the fact that the film
was undergoing editorial changes at the last minute (suprised?). This
may have caused some exsisting IB prints to have new scenes cut into
them, and either the new or old material had problems, but not both.

        I will try and find out if anyone used the HD masters for
anything but video release needs, and relay any findings to those still
curious.

                    Cheers to all,

                            JoeBeats

---
Thanks to International Image Services for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
984 subscribers in 37 countries on Mon Jun  8 22:25:58 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com