Accom DIS 422 Removable Storage ->JAZ

Craig Nichols Todd-AO Video Services  8/06/98 22:06 :

> Has anyone found a dependable substitute for the standard
> removable (80 MB?) Syquest drive found in Accom Still Stores
> (DIS 422)?  Jazz drives kind of work (but we had a lot of long
> term reliability problems)

The new 2Gb Iomega drive and certified JAZ cartridges
(delivered by Sony and some others) seem to be more reliable.
Since they are still quite heat sensitive you should prefer
an internal drive and install it in a well ventilated PC.

> One problem we have had with these two types of drives is
> that they time out and sleep every 30 minutes or so [..]
> Does anyone know ...

We wrote the lines to keep the JAZ awake in the Keylink audio
instasync, and can send you the patch.

--jp
Jean-Pierre Beauviala  tl +33 4 7642 9550  http://www.aaton.com

---
Thanks to International Image Services for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
983 subscribers in 37 countries on Mon Jun  8 15:57:35 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com