Re: Bulworth on 35mm, not video.

bob at bluescreen.com wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Jun 1998 20:00:39 -0700, you wrote:
> >Regarding my post about the movie Bulworth:
> >
> >I was referring to a 35mm C'scope print, not electronic projection.
> >
> >Michael C. Kaye
> >
> Then I must have misunderstood your post.

Sorry, I was probably unclear about that.

> At what point in the process do you believe the movie went to HD video, and
> why do you think they would take that intermediate step on the way to a
> release print?

Editing perhaps? I'm not quite sure myself. Although, the fact that the hits
follow particular scenes in an A/B cut arrangement would sort of indicate
a transferred roll of film with hits recorded in, as one scenario, not to
mention the non-photographic electronic low res look to many scenes.

Putting that aside for the moment, did you or anyone else on this group see
the movie and notice any of the problems previously mentioned?

Mike

---
Thanks to International Image Services for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
985 subscribers in 37 countries on Sat Jun  6 20:48:35 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com