Re: 16 by 9 test film

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998 18:08:31 -0700 "Michael D. Most"
<mmost at encorevideo.com> writes:
>Andy,
>
>It's far more important to have the cameraman shoot a chart that matches
the
>ground glass he has been supplied for the 16:9 frame, and match to that,
>than to be mathematically "correct." Having said that, it's also
important
>and useful to let him know if his setup fits the current "standard,"
such as
>it is. The test films suggested here can be used for that purpose.

I second that emotion...
NOTHING beats having a framing chart shot at the begining of a job.
Especially if they're transfering to a letterbox format. In my opinion
there is no "standard."

CB Gaines, coloriste
Monaco Video, San Francisco

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

---
Thanks to Ken Robinson and Ken Cosi for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
987 subscribers in 37 countries on Wed Jun  3 08:26:00 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com