[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
demo reels- colorists
- To: telecine internet group <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: demo reels- colorists
- From: rob at alegria.com (Rob Lingelbach)
- Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 15:35:42 -0700
- Organization: Altruistic Intentions, Hollywood, CA
- Phone-number: +1 213 464 6266
- Reply-To: Rob Lingelbach <rob at alegria.com>
- Resent-Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 15:36:40 -0700
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"bCdb7D.A.XpD.I90Z1" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
- Sender: Rob Lingelbach <rob at sun.alegria.com>
It has become important, beginning about three years ago, for
commercial colorists in Los Angeles to have demo reels of their work.
This trend seems to parallel a similar emergence of the director's and
cinematographer's reels-- in their utility for the typical advertising
agency creative team's search for talent. My reel is sent out quite
often now, and new clients sometimes mention it as a reason for their
Since I began maintaining my reel a few years ago, I've felt that my
work is best represented with entire commercials, fadeup to fadeout.
Some other colorists I know have reels with montages of many scenes
from different commercials, at times with fast-paced hard-hitting
quick cuts of not-necessarily-related material.
Do colorists other than those working on commercials maintain demo
reels? Do most commercial colorists in other markets (NY, London,
Dallas, etc.) maintain demo reels? If so, what sort of format is this
reel-- is everyone using quick-cutting montages?
Rob Lingelbach | 2660 Hollyridge Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90068
rob at alegria.com |"I care not much for a man's religion whose dog or
rob at info.com | cat is not the better for it." --Abraham Lincoln
rob at tele.com KB6CUN http://www.alegria.com
Thanks to Rich Torpey and MTI for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
986 subscribers in 36 countries on Sat May 23 15:35:45 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/