Re TIG - Dirty film

Dear TIG members,

Since the introduction of wonderful new camera negatives some years ago
we've been noticing that it appears that these emulsions are much more
sensitive to dirt and marks both prior to process and after.

Some batches appear quite grubby while in the same process run other
emulsions will be quite clear.

Last night I was transferring some old neg that I shot in the early
eighties and despite the fact that its been transferred at least half a
dozen times before it still remained almost spotless.

If anyone can has had similar experiences with unexplained dirt and cynch
marks on their neg - I'd appreciate an email with a description.

Thanks

John Bowring
Lemac Film & Video, Australia
jbowring at lemac.com.au    www.lemac.com.au/~lemac
Phone +61 3 9429 8588 Fax +61 3 9428 3336

---
Thanks to daVinci Systems for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
982 subscribers in 36 countries on Wed May 20 06:16:44 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com