[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: "TIG" <telecine at sun.alegria.com>
- Subject: Postproduction Humor
- From: "David L. Tosh" <dlt at earthlink.net>
- Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 15:32:23 -0700
- Resent-Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 15:38:17 -0700
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"zZjKrD.A.iL.sgLY1" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
I collected this in 1995 from the BP Forum on CompuServe:
Message: #329596, S/8 Subtopic 8
Date: Mon, Dec 4, 1995 9:08:01 PM
Subject: You're an old editor if
From: Tom Evans ITS 71161,3200
To: All you old editors
Reply: #329620 (1 reply)
You know you're an old editor if...
you still cringe when you perform an out edit.
you have a nagging feeling that nobody's checked the capstan oscillator
you haven't had a hot meal at work since they powered down the VR-1000.
you still wear steel-toed shoes in the tape room.
you duck when somebody says slo-mo.
you're afraid to stay on a freeze frame for more than 10 seconds.
you still think of a horizontal DVE push by the Squeezoom effect number.
you still wish you had an AVR-1.
you hand your client a punch paper-tape when he asks for and EDL.
your feet used to ache after an edit session more than your butt or your
-Tom Evans ITS
David Tosh <dlt at earthlink.net>
Engineer, Complete Post Hollywood, CA USA
Thanks to daVinci Systems for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
981 subscribers in 36 countries on Mon May 18 15:37:26 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/