Re: RE: Motion Picture Transfers

In a message dated 14/05/98  5:15:14,  e.ha.zwaneveld at nfb.ca writes:

> Sounds like quantization errors resulting from
>  pushing the compression envelope too far.

I think that its much more likely that they were just 525 tx copies. BBC do it
too, and  there are many PAL laserdiscs - from american masters - that exhibit
exactly the described effects. I dont think Sky are to blame here, unless one
feels that they ought to specify a 625/50 transfer, and that seems pretty
unlikely the way things stand.

regards

Adrian Thomas
London, UK

---
Thanks to SMA Video for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
982 subscribers in 36 countries on Thu May 14 15:39:13 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com