Re: DVNR

>Bear in mind that laserdisc is an analog video format subject to a whole
host
>of analog difficulties of its own.  There is nothing in a DVNR unit that
will
>make titles or anything else pulsate, unless there has been some sort of
>failure.  While I've personally seen lots of lousy video on laserdisk, VHS,
>and even DVD, it's a real stretch of the imagination to think that it all
>comes from just one particular piece of equipment that might not have even
>been used on a particular job!
>
>Best regards,
>Christopher Bacon

The only thing close I experience, is when transferring used cinema prints
of subtitled films, the ASC filter can affect these subtitles if the titles
are poorly composed/exposed..at the lab....The ASC does not have to be
strong to do this...(Oh for noise reduction windows).....I normally turn it
almost right down as I enter the end credits so at least the credits don't
suffer...it is not a pulsating, rather a "chattering" of the edges..(is it
dirt, is it not, is it dirt, is it not)....
regards.
Peter Balfour
Colourist
Icon Digital Post
Melbourne, Australia

---
Thanks to SMA Video for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
980 subscribers in 36 countries on Tue May 12 15:53:30 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com