Aaton Code - dailies

In a message dated 05/12/1998 00:13:11, you wrote:

<<>>What they want to do is to be able to record the audio / Aaton code
>>and the camera assist output and use this video to input into their
>>Avid.  <<>>

I missed the beginning of this one, however it really does seem to be a fine
idea. I think I once asked Abel Cinetech about doing this, I believe at the
time the answer was that the Time code off of the tap would not be frame
accurate to the time code on the Film. Which would make the idea of cutting
the tap output, and then just automatically popping in the telecine transfer
not an automatic process. Perhaps things have changed, or I missunderstood
what I was told.

Steven Gladstone

---
Thanks to SMA Video for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
980 subscribers in 36 countries on Tue May 12 07:13:13 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com