2K work with Spirit

Geoff writes:-
>>As I've said before I find the idea of having the creative control of the
image that TK gives me for TV available for cinema almost enough of an
incentive to stop making commercials for a while and join the film
industry :-)<<

Given that a film grader will grade a feature film in a day or two, all
within the cost of the answer print, and that I watch TVC telecine
sessions with a committee agonising for ten minutes over the colour
nuances of each shot. Here's my question:-

How long would you expect to spend, and at what expense (ignoring for
the time being the considerable cost of transfer and digital-to-film
recording at the end of the process), on the video-like grading of a
full -length feature film?  And who would supervise this process? The
DoP? still around at the end of post production?

  Dominic Case
  Atlab Australia

---
Thanks to SMA Video for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
979 subscribers in 36 countries on Mon May 11 23:26:54 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com