latest on Drew Marsh

the latest from Shana Halpin regarding Drew Marsh, who suffered a
motorcycle accident last Saturday May 2 in Dallas, TX.
The page for messages to Drew is
http://www.alegria.com/telecine/marsh.html

--- Forwarded mail from (Shana Halpin)
HEY YOU GUYS . . . IT'S ME AGAIN!   I MADE IT BACK FROM
DALLAS AND JUST HUNG UP FROM TALKING TO KATHY. SHE SAID FOR
THE MOST PART, THINGS ARE THE SAME. I'M NOT SURE HOW MUCH
INFORMATION HAS MADE IT AROUND TOWN AS FAR AS DREW'S CONDITION,
IS CONCERNED SO I'LL TRY TO FILL YOU IN ON WHAT I KNOW.

INITIALLY, IT WAS BELIEVED THAT HE HAD SERIOUS SPINAL CORD INJURIES
AS WELL AS VERY SERIOUS BRAIN TRAUMA.  AS FOR HIS SPINAL CORD,
THEY RAN A SERIES OF TEST, I BELIEVE YESTERDAY, AND DISCOVERED THE
DAMAGE TO THE SPINAL CORD ITSELF WAS LESS TRAUMATIC THAN EARLIER
THOUGHT.  ALTHOUGH, WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE SWELLING TO GO DOWN
BEFORE THEY WILL KNOW THE EXTENT OF ANY DAMAGE. AS FOR THE HEAD
INJURIES . . . INITIALLY THERE WAS A GREAT DEAL OF SWELLING IN
HIS BRAIN THAT CONCERNED THE DOCTORS GREATLY!  AS OF TUESDAY
NIGHT THE SWELLING HAD GONE AWAY AND THAT IS INCREDIBLE NEWS.
AS POSITIVE AS ALL OF THIS IS, HE STILL HASN'T WOKEN UP.
ACCORDING TO THE DOCTORS, WE'RE OKAY.  WE JUST HAVE TO TAKE
IT ONE DAY AT A TIME.

HE DOES HAVE VARIOUS OTHER INJURIES SUCH AS A FEW CRACKED VERTEBRAE
AND OTHER THINGS THAT ALMOST SEEM INSIGNIFICANT BY COMPARISON.

I STARTED MY EMAIL WITH GOOD NEWS BECAUSE I THINK WE ALL NEED
SOMETHING TO HANG ONTO.  I'M HESTIATE TO PASS ALONG INFORMATION
GOOD OR BAD BECAUSE I'M NOT A DOCTOR, JUST A MESSENGER.  I DON'T
WANT GOOD NEWS TO LEAD TO FALSE HOPE AND I DON'T WANT "THINGS
ARE THE SAME" TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE THERE'S NO HOPE. DREW IS STILL
IN A VERY SERIOUS STATE RIGHT NOW AND HE REALLY NEEDS THE
CONTINUED PRAYERS AND GOOD WISHES!

SORRY TO TAKE UP SO MUCH ROOM ON ROB'S PAGE, BUT BY THE OVERWHELMING
AMOUNT OF EMAILS THAT ARE BEING SENT, IT'S OBVIOUS THAT YOU
GUYS ARE CONCERNED ABOUT DREW AND I WANTED TO KEEP YOU IN THE
LOOP RE: HIS CONDITION.  PLEASE KEEP THE EMAILS COMING!

I'LL WRITE MORE WHEN I KNOW MORE -
SHANA

Shana Halpin
 USA - Friday, May 08, 1998 at 15:14:14 (PDT)
--- End of forwarded message from (Shana Halpin)

rob at tele.com                    KB6CUN   http://www.alegria.com

---
Thanks to Richard Anthony and Grant Keith for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
978 subscribers in 36 countries on Fri May  8 15:21:42 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com