Re: Accuglow

At 05:20 PM 5/7/98 +0100, Graham Collett wrote:
>I've asked this question before and got little response...i'd like to
>try again... Does anyone have experience with using accuglow on a MKIII.
>How is it?

I have Accuglow on two MKIIIs with Digi 4. One is an enhanced machine. We
tried the companion board set for colour grade and decided to stick with
the stock Rank version.

The best thing about Accuglow is the modern shading and burn correction
hardware. The afterglow compensation is not really different from Rank's.
Aperature compensation is not required (per Rank) with Digi 4 HAC. I
haven't reached an informed opinion on whether to use any or not.

I have some reservations about the implementation of some details of the
circutry but won't go into that here. My feeliing is that is you have Digi4
and a festival kit working to your satisfaction you won't see much
difference with just the shading, burn and afterglow replacements.

David Tosh <dlt at earthlink.net>
Engineer, Complete Post Hollywood, CA USA

---
Thanks to Richard Anthony and Grant Keith for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
977 subscribers in 36 countries on Thu May  7 15:26:13 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com