Re: PICTURE DISTORTION

On May 4, 17:40, "MICHEL LAPOINTE" wrote:
} Subject: [TIG] PICTURE DISTORTION

> doing scratch removal in editing after transfer, the editor noticed that =
> on some rolls, the first couple of frames after each splice show a very =
> little distortion. The picture will jump and deform a little before
> going

Michel, it sounds like the film was possibly tape-spliced, and
transferred using the omega-wrap on a Cintel telecine.  What can
happen is the extra thickness of the spliced area, when encountering
the capstan, causes (I believe) a slight speed variation, resulting in
the picture distortion.  The 'Z-wrap' will sometimes improve this
situation, but of course may cause an optical audio track to go out of
sync.

-Rob
Senior Colorist, Pacific Ocean Post
Santa Monica, CA
rob at tele.com                    KB6CUN   http://www.alegria.com

---
Thanks to Tim Ready of VAS Group for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
980 subscribers in 36 countries on Mon May  4 16:23:52 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com