Thanks, Jack

When Newt Bellis (then at Unitel Hollywood) approached me to try to convince
Jack Calaway to make more AVRS telecine editors, Jack instead urged me to
propose a whole new design, then told me about all the traps he had run up
against (like fixed edit timing burned into eproms) in the AVRS design.  His
reluctance to continue AVRS directly resulted in the development of the TLC
editor, for which I remain very grateful.  Thanks for encouraging me on a
fresh start, Jack.  It turned out to be a major tuning point in my life, and
my affiliation with the telecine community over the succeeding decade was
quite a wild ride, indeed.

I have thanked Jack personally for this in the past, but wish to do so in
public.  He is one of those peole who doesn't seek credit, but the industry
owes him a lot.

-Jim

An Expert is someone who has already made all of the possible mistakes
in a very narrow field of study - Niels Bohr
Jim Lindelien                           (Email to: jiml at timelogic.com)
Time Logic, Inc., 880 Northwood, Suite 1, Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone 702-833-0200 x11 Fax 702-833-1222  Web http://www.timelogic.com

---
Thanks to David Northrop & David Bernstein for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
974 subscribers in 36 countries on Tue Apr 28 10:01:07 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com