Re: Production design for B&W to color spot.

C B Gaines wrote:

> I vote for color. It's easy enough to drain out the chroma for B/W look,
> but it's impossible to add color (warm or cool tones) if there is no
> color information there to begin with (B/W).

Huh?  Applying color effects to black & white is done on the video side of
a color corrector.  More often than not it appears as a wash or, if done
carefully, as a very classy duotone effect (perhaps close to what you're
looking for).  There are other interesting effects possible as well when
using Power Windows - notably, the Key In feature.

I personally prefer the rich tonality of carefully exposed black & white as
a starting point.

Tim Bond
DuArt Film & Video

---
Thanks to Howie Burch/Nice Shoes for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
960 subscribers in 36 countries on Fri Apr 17 08:39:57 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com