Re: Production design for B&W to color spot.

On Apr 16, 16:12, Bob Festa wrote:
} Subject: Re: Production design for B&W to color spot.

> You know CB...I think that's the right answer. We all know how much
> easier color stock is to work with in a telecine environment. All of
> the reasons

well, just to offer the other side here... (and yes, we've talked
about this before, but it's worth reaffirmation)

I've worked on a few commercials where the quality of black & white
film contributed significantly to the final look-- a silvery, almost
reflective feeling that was absent from color film.  However, for most
projects, I tend to agree that color film is more flexible.

--Rob Lingelbach
Senior Colorist, Pacific Ocean Post
Santa Monica, CA

rob at tele.com                    KB6CUN   http://www.alegria.com

---
Thanks to Howie Burch/Nice Shoes for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
962 subscribers in 36 countries on Thu Apr 16 16:31:13 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com