Re: Production design for B&W to color spot.

C B Gaines wrote:

> I vote for color. It's easy enough to drain out the chroma for B/W look,
> but it's impossible to add color (warm or cool tones) if there is no
> color information there to begin with (B/W).

You know CB...I think that's the right answer. We all know how much easier
color stock is to work with in a telecine environment. All of the reasons
have been posted here before, ad nausea. (See the archives).  But I wouldn't
come out in public and say so for fear of the monochrome purists flaming my
ass.

Put 'em down girls and boys...a little sarcasm goes a long way ;^)

--Bob
Bob Festa                                    festa at pacbell.net
Director of Advanced Imaging    festa at encorevideo.com
Encore Santa Monica                  310 656 7663

---
Thanks to Howie Burch/Nice Shoes for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
962 subscribers in 36 countries on Thu Apr 16 16:08:37 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com