Re: CP TeleScanner

   Hello Rob,

  You wrote....

> The anonymous NAB ventilation page
> (http://www.alegria.com/tig3/anonNAB.html) contains a paragraph
> about the Cinema Products 'CP TeleScanner'.  I'll reprint it here,
> and hereby ask for more information from anyone here on the TIG who
> saw its latest incarnation at the show.

  I just happened to be walking by and saw the machine at the
Cinema Products booth.   It is somewhat interesting with the supply
reel on top and take up on bottom with an optical system in the
middle projecting into a Sony Hi Def video camera,  the HDC-750.
The light source is made by Sony and uses color additive light to
color correct the image before the camera.    The salesman said the
the lamphouse is the same as used on the Sony telecine.   It also has
a pin reg intermittent movement while transfering,  plays at 24, 30,
or 60 fps,  and has a downconverter in the camera to make 525 copies
from Hi Def.   I don't know if any of the various color corrector
companies support it yet,  or even know it exists,  but  I would
imagine that someone will eventually build an interface to it.  I
believe it only transfers 35mm and I don't know if it can change neg
images to positive.  If it can,  it certainly is an interesting
camera or else there are some downstream electronics.   The
positioning is mechanical as the camera is on a movable mount that
allows X, Y, and  Z motion.   I'm not sure yet if it's the "Future
of Film Transfer"  but it was at least making an OK picture and
moving film.

  BTW,  It was nice to finally meet you in person Rob.  I was hoping
to buy  you a beer later but never did locate you afterward in the
crowd.   I'm glad Dave Corbitt got the award;  he's certainly given a
lot to the telecine business over the years.  I ran into him the next
day at the Philips booth and he said how much it meant to him.  As
unbelievable as it sounds,  he said he's never gotten an award for
anything since he's been in the business!
   Please feel free to post the above to the group.
  Thanks Rob,
   Yours Truly,
David Warner
Filmgroup at Crawford Communications
tel  404-875-5403  fax 404-875-4908

---
Thanks to Steve Roach/Sierra Design Labs for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
957 subscribers in 36 countries on Wed Apr 15 08:01:54 PDT 1998
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com