Fixing gate weave?

I'm working with some film transferred to video from a locked down camera,
but it was shot on super 16 and the gate weave is kind of obvious.

I'm looking for some tool or service that can fix the gate-weave.
Preferably a software solution I can purchase and run on NT.

I've tried using AE's tracking and image stabilization with no success,
even at the 1/256 sub pixel with a small blur to try and average the grain.
 (For you AE users, is there something I'm missing or is this sort of
tracking/stabilization not possible with AE.)

Is there a better software tool or AE plugin I should look at?

Thanks,

j-me

Jamie Clay {cg mercenary}			|	Don't worry ma,
digital phenomena				|	it's only pixels.
url:   http://www.dph.com			|
Phone: 415-924-5000
Fax:   415-924-5086
Earth: 400 Tamal Plaza, suite 424