Any Bright Ideas

I am having a problem with Alpha Image 300 series YUV-digital converters.
The problem is that they blank the Vertical Interval and therefore remove
Aarton and VTR VITC. They are being used in 625 lines and both a-d and d-a
do the same. I undersrtood talking to someone from Aarton (USA) at IBC that
there may be a hardware mod to remove the vertical blanking. These units are
not currently being made so any help would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks

David Dean
Westpoint TV London