Re: transfomania

Bob Kertesz wrote-->
.....deletia...
>>The first thing I noticed, was that the "GEOMETRY" was different between the
>>two machines. One of the Machines had a decided thinning effect on the image
>>compared to the other.
>Will overweight stars now insist their footage be done on the rig that
>makes them look thinner?
>
>Anyone else notice this or care to comment?

Bob,

Both machines should use standard SMPTE or DEL test charts to set image
geometry correctly at the start of the days work or the start of a job.
Apparently this wasn't done so that explains the discrepancy.  Setting
geometry is SOP for most operators and should not have been an issue here.
It is not an inherent limitation of either machine to show this error.

Dave Corbitt

* Dave Corbitt <dc at mte.com>	  *
* Director of Telecine Engineering*
* Manhattan Transfer / Edit, Inc. *