Re: RE>c reality

Go get 'em Lynette!

The Spirit is a **T*E*R*R*I*F*F*I*C** Telecine.

I have been using Spirit #104 for about 18 Months now, and it is a
precise, reliable, stable, utterly predictable machine.

What do I mean by predictable? I mean that I can predict with extreme
accuracy exactly how delighted both the colorists and the clients are
with the quality of the pictures and the speed at which they are
obtained.

Stable? We can recover any session in the archive and repeat exactly
what was done before. Without ANY trims. Ever.

Precise? If you ever work with Blue or Green screen material, you
will be amazed at the flawless color separation when it REALLY
counts.

Reliable? 18 months, 3 Xenon light bulbs, 2 sets of PTRs, 4 hours of
down time!

I would LOVE to see a transfer system that is as good or better.

I'm just not sure who will be able to build one.

By the way, I am an un-respected engineer.
And proud Spirit owner.

Dave Satin
Executive Vice President       212.226.7474/V
Director of Engineering        212.941.0439/F
SMA Video Inc.

100 6th Avenue 10th Floor
New York, N.Y. 10013-1689