DUI CONFIGURATIONS

-------------------- Begin Forwarded Message --------------------

From Kevin  Fri, Apr 3, 1998 9:16:03 am
From: Kevin Shaw, 100430,2526
To: INTERNET:rkcassel at pop.a001.sprintmail.com,
INTERNET:rkcassel at pop.a001.sprintmail.com
Date: Fri, Apr 3, 1998 9:16:03 am

RE: DUI CONFIGURATIONS

>  To my surprise, calling up these other configurations is changing the
picture
 from the original list.  =

The configuration files recall environmental data (those that do not chan=
ge
on a scene by scene basis) AND memories, including the Config base mem. T=
he
base mem will not affect your session however if you turn off all the lis=
ts
before recovering the config. =

Or personally, I insert a mark before recovering the config, then delete =
it
afterwards. The previous scene holds the settings that I had made before
the recall, and I know as soon as the recall is complete.

>It was my understanding that the configurations
 themselves would not alter the list currently being used, other than
 overall environmental parameters such as pos/neg or 525/625 settings"

In fact the Pos Neg settings on a DUI are stored in the base mem, not the=

environment.
If you are still concerned, that things are changing, save the session
before doing the config recall and compare. By finding what is changing t=
he
problem should have a solution. It is remotely possible that an environme=
nt
setting (clips perhaps) is altering your grades.

Kevin Shaw      Kanvas Film and Video
Colorist, Consultant and Instructor
Email    : kevs at online.rednet.co.uk
Voice/Fax: +44 1425 613 462