[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: an animus
- To: bond007 at concentric.net, multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: Re: an animus
- From: rob at alegria.com (Rob Lingelbach)
- Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 20:07:29 -0700
- In-Reply-To: Tim Bond <bond007 at concentric.net> "Re: an animus" (Apr 10, 20:32)
- Organization: Altruistic Intentions, Hollywood, CA
- Phone-number: +1 213 464 6266
- Reply-To: Rob Lingelbach <rob at alegria.com>
- Resent-Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 20:08:17 -0700
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"PQZ5p.A.tiC.55tL1" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: SmartList account <slist at sun.alegria.com>
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
- Sender: Rob Lingelbach <rob at sun.alegria.com>
On Apr 10, 20:32, Tim Bond wrote:
} Subject: Re: an animus
> value of one of the most attractive aspects of online discussion - that is, the
> richness of ideas that can occur in a discussion where the participants can
> discuss topics free from the "yoke" of identity.
we'll see how it goes. I do think anonymity can have its place, but
how many written works-- books, essays, articles, letters-- are
written anonymously? Perhaps the odd letter or salacious book, but I
for one take them less seriously than those that are signed.
> I can't help but wonder "what if"
> identity were optional with the benefit of your responsible moderation when
The TIG now has the benefit of a T1 connection to the net.
The archives for April broke on the 1st-- a mysterious difficulty with
the field delimiter in a script-- hope to have them fixed tonight or
tomorrow. (I wrote the script myself, so April 1 shouldn't have been
a factor :])
Rob Lingelbach | 2660 Hollyridge Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90068
rob at alegria.com |"I care not much for a man's religion whose dog or
rob at info.com | cat is not the better for it." --Abraham Lincoln
rob at tele.com KB6CUN http://www.alegria.com
Thanks to Preferred Video Products for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG. Contact rob at alegria.com
946 subscribers in 36 countries on Fri Apr 10 20:07:32 PDT 1998
complete information on the TIG website http://www.alegria.com/tig3/