Re: sony telecine request

bill topazio wrote:

> We got a pretyt good look at it; here are some impressions:
>
> .  Sprockets are quite a bit smaller
> than the perf, so very little stress is put on the perf; the idea is to
> get the frame in the gate, the positional corrections are handled by
> electronics.

Bill, I don't know what you think, but I was a little concerned about the
stability if you were going to use original camera negative which was edge
guided in the first place.  Did I miss something here???

> 4. Uses 1920x1080 field array 3-chip "camera" head for imaging.  I gotta

Potentialy no noise from what I understand, and using the zoom lens means no
artifacts from anywhere.  Couldn't actually see that when I was there as the
machine had just been brought back on line.

> Oh by the way, a DUI was controlling it, I think (I got so involved in the
> machine I forgot to look).

Yes there was a DUI on it, but the interface wasn't quite there yet.  I guess
that's the easy bit.

The only other thing to add was something mentioned on the anon page about Sony
actually talking to people.

OH, yes, did you like the presentation.....  It was a little like telecine
101!!!

Ken
--
Ken Robinson

Phone +56 2 207 9515
Fax   +56 2 228 5871

186,282.396 miles per second.  Not just a good idea.....  It's the LAW!

---
Thanks to Preferred Video Products for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
944 subscribers in 36 countries on Fri Apr 10 16:44:56 PDT 1998