Re: CCD telecine scan [2] -Reply -Reply

In a message dated 01/04/98  0:30:09, you write:

> On the luminance sensor - it has four channels arranged horizontally
>  which means we shift a line of infomation across four parallel channels,
>  each channel is running about 30 MHz giving a net sampling speed of
>  120MHz - which is quite quick. All with no noise. Each color sensor (960
>  samples) is one 30MHz channel, but is four times the (photosite) area of
>  the detail sensor - threfore 7 channels.

OK, last question I promise...

Where does the spectral sensitivity peak in the luminance array? (I'm assuming
that the response is broad enough to cover all colour channels) Is s/n
performance affected by filtration applied at the light source?

>the CCD makes
rectangle pixels, and we can spatially process  each individual pixel into
any shape ( Square or rectangle ) and any reolution and in real time (
which is vey fast signal processing ). The spatial processor is a quite
advanced piece of technology .<

I have some experience of frequency space operations, what kind of transform
is employed by your spatial processor?

regards

Adrian Thomas
London, UK

---
Thanks to Ken Rockwell of Tektronix for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
943 subscribers in 36 countries on Tue Mar 31 16:46:25 PST 1998