Re: Spirit Megadef Benefits

> JC would you mind expanding on this for us paupers who can't afford the
Ferrari?
> Whats the problem exactly??

	Ken, the rumours I have heard make me think I can't afford it either. If
you want SDTV or HDTV SCC before the spatial converter which is to me (I
wish I could be wrong) the best way, it has to be 2k real time (or your
Spirit will be a non real time telecine). The other solution is the SDTV
real time and 6fps 2k after the interpolator with tape to tape capability
but in SDTV that's not as good. My opinion is only based on comparisons
between the Ursa SCC and other systems. Hope this helps.

	JC

---
Thanks to Ken Rockwell of Tektronix for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
943 subscribers in 36 countries on Tue Mar 31 14:26:59 PST 1998