Re: telecine-digest Digest V98 #37

> I have a mac and cannot open up your enclosure. ...

I'm 100% Mac - no Wintel machine anywhere. I don't know what mail reader you're using, but it needs to be upgraded. Buy Eudora. At any decent computer store; about 25 bucks. I double-click any attachment, and it opens up in the appropriate application. In the case of the Digest, it opens as small Eudora mailbox, with 3 or 4 messages; the window shows Subjects, dates, originators, and so on.

Ah, sorry, I now see you're using AOL. No dice. AOL has no proper mail reader, and you can't use Eudora with AOL. In the long term, I suggest that you wean yourself from AOL and find a proper ISP. An auxiliary benefit is avoidance of the 5 or 10 junk messages that you receive on AOL every week, invising you to participate in live ... activities on the Internet. Or "earn" $50,000 next month.

Meanwhile, Save that attachment to a file, and then open it in a TEXT-capable word processor. That particular attachment is less than 32 K bytes, so Apple's SimpleText (or TeachText) would do, though for longer messages, you'll need something else. You could use Microsoft Word; I would prefer BBEdit Lite, which is $20 (or so) shareware.

I have an ulterior motive - 2 of the messages in that Digest are from me!

C.

--
Charles Poynton
<mailto:poynton at poynton.com> [Mac Eudora, MIME, BinHex, uu, qpv]

---
Thanks to Videotek for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
949 subscribers in 36 countries on Fri Mar 27 12:37:18 PST 1998