Re: Flame/Inferno Coloring

Craig Leffel wrote:

> If the Flame/Inferno person wants to believe that he/she can color correct
> like we do, Great!  -- Let them try. Go for it man! have fun, it's easy!!!
> just grab those curves and bend those histo....

Jeez Craig, don't overheat now. I don't think the situation is at all
like this.
Martin started the thread by seeking others thoughts on the question of
cc in Flame vs cc in TK.  Here's how I see it....
Color correction is available in Flame/Flint/Inferno as a tool,
optimized for accurate blending of multilayer composites, blue/green
spill suppression and general 'correction'. It *can* also be used for
creative cc, but with obvious shortfalls in speed of operation etc.
where a client is present.
We occasionally find ourselves grading/re-grading shots (in a TVC say)
because we are basically at the end of the line in the Post process,...
clients can't decide or change their minds, or maybe run out of
time/money in TK. A bit of a 'tweak' here and there is inevitable.
Also, I resent being called a 'tablet geek', you, you, nnnnnnnNob
twiddler! ;)

> The lurkers here are basicly Yalla bellied sap suckers. Ya'all crawl out yer
> damn holes and say sumthin once a while....

There ya go.

Cheers,
Byron Court
Digital Artist/Compositor
bjcourt at ozemail.com.au

---
Thanks to Videotek for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
947 subscribers in 36 countries on Fri Mar 27 08:13:41 PST 1998