Flame/Inferno color

On Mar 26,  5:16pm, Jean-Francois Panisset wrote:

> Although I don't have any experience as an operator, I would imagine
> that color correction decisions would be based on how it looks like
> on the broadcast monitor, not on the SGI display, since this is what
> is going to end up on your tape.

JF,
	Yes most FFFI installations have a grade A monitor on the GIVO or
Sirius output. However, it's always a problem when the artist is staring
intently at the SGI monitor in front of him if it doesn't match the broadcast
monitor - their eyes become accustomed to that image they've been staring at
and when they look at the broadcast monitor it takes time for their perception
of color to recover. I really, really hate it when clients and artists ask
"Which monitor is right?"!

--
Rich Torpey
LBTL

---
Thanks to Videotek for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
946 subscribers in 36 countries on Thu Mar 26 14:59:06 PST 1998