Re: CML: Recent comments re TIG - a response

On Mar 22, 10:23pm, Jeff Kreines wrote:

> I have a feeling that few others (any?) have paid any sales commission =
> to the TIG,

Jeff,
	I for one, take offense at that. I have personally contributed
to support the TIG and when I have sold equipment through the TIG
mailing list or web page I think a seperate contribution is in order
and have done so.  Considering the value received for the TIG I think
it's a bargain.

> I think that there is room in the TIG for a diversity of voices.  I would
> like to be one of those voices.

I've never noticed a lack of diversity in the TIG <vbg>!

> But I am a child of the Sixties, and believe that democracy and
> discuss= ion should be interesting and messy and uninhibited.  You
> grew up in a differ= ent, more repressive era, and believe that the
> TIG should read like the SMPTE Journal.  It's too bad =AD you've
> created a great forum but keep cripplin= g it.

Jeff, I'm another of those "Sixties children" but I'm also quite happy
to be able to choose a forum with a good signal to noise ratio. When
I'm in the mood for anarchy I'll hit the Usenet groups - there's room and a
purpose for each.  BTW, I think that Rob's managed to take the
positive aspect of SMPTE (minimizing the PR) and appropriately apply
it to the TIG. (Disclaimer - I'm Secretary/Treasurer of the NY Section
SMPTE - but it doesn't make me a bad person <g>

Rich Torpey
LBTL

---
Thanks to Peter Stansfield for supporting the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
957 subscribers in 36 countries on Mon Mar 23 07:43:34 PST 1998