A great response.

        To All,

        I wanted to recite a recent example, for me, on how effective the
TIG and its readership is to this corner of the world.

        I posted a message a couple of months ago about my thoughts after a
year of the Spirit. Within this message, I challenged the  manufacturers of
controllers to step forward and address there issues. This was done
intentionally, within this forum. We'll call it fishing on a crowded dock.
        I wanted to let you know that the results of the catch are in.
        And da vinci has stepped up to the scales with impressive results.
        All the issues that I was dealing with were addressed immediately.
Allot of patience and determination paid off.
        I just spent most of sat. and sun. with Dwaine Maggart of
da vinci, Carl Van Camp of Philips, Chris Doros of FWC/D and a couple of
real nice-determined, but tired Germans. This was not the first weekend
that we have met since my org. posting. Nor do I wish it to be the last.

        da vinci has stepped it up and made good. I've got to give them at
least 5 bent rods for this one.

        Thank you to:
        Michael Arbuthnot, Dave Catts, Peter Glasmann and Jennifer at the
factory, all of which are with da vinci.
        Steve Russel, Carl Van Camp, Uwe Brahler and all the Engineers with
Philips.

        I am indeed tipping a nice Canadian Pilsener to you now.

        Tomorrow brings a new day with the Spirit- and a da vinci that now
knows how to control it.
        Driver not optional!

        Wish us luck.

        I do not work for any of the above. However, they sure worked good
with us.
        Compensation could be arranged by way of upgrade path to the 2K
controller or a Bass boat. Whichever is cheaper..  :)

Drew

Any mis-spelling of names stands awaiting of the correction.

" If you're not dangling a line, and wetting a hook.
        You're not going to catch a fish."

M. Drew Marsh
The Funnel
aka. Dir. Of Telecine Sercices
The Filmworkers Club/Dallas
w. 214-754-9333  drewfish at netgazer.net

---
Thanks to Philips for support the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
953 subscribers in 36 countries on Sun Mar 15 17:40:50 PST 1998