Re: Green light

> Its intensity? Come on Peter!! Intensity IS number one issue how else
could
> you cope with density?

	Yes but as someone else mentioned it is intensity in relation to how much
light the capture device needs, I was told by Philips themselves that the
reason why the chroma sensors are only half resolution of the luminance
sensors is that it allows them to be two times bigger in surface in
consequence get two times more light. To make the chroma sensors the same
size of the luminance sensors would have meant in order to keep the same
signal to noise ratio as it is now, to put such a big bulb in the Spirit
that the electronics would have melted within minutes :-) I am wrong ? In
any case Spirit is the telecine that gives you today the best S/N ratio !

	JC Soret
	MPC
	London

---
Thanks to Philips for support the TIG in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
952 subscribers in 36 countries on Sun Mar 15 11:32:27 PST 1998