Re: Custom Curves

>> the range is so limited on DV custom curves
>
>Help me out here, I don't understand what you mean by limited range.  You
>can take the custom curves controls and turn things upside-down and
>backwards if you want.  Can you give me an example?

From my use of Custom Curves dating back to the 8:8:8 I have found 2 key
limitations:

1>  Four control points are not enough in certain cases.

2> The range of the curve should exceed the present 0 to 100 limit.  This
way you could get a strong white compression to emulate a print, for
example.

Hopefully these items will be resolved in the 2K.

As far as the inability to have a normal curve and add a custom curve on
top, you don't have to wait for the 2K.  Do your normal color balance,
then turn on a power window and make the size larger than the picture
area.  Put a custom curve inside the window, like a nice print like
curve.  Now you have layered a custom curve on top of a normal black
stretch type curve.

If you have EdWin, you can freeze the window in the frame store in order
to free up your single Power Window shape to use for some other purpose.

Chris Ryan
Nice Shoes

---
Thanks to Casablanca Finish (Sao Paulo) for support in 1998..
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
952 subscribers in 36 countries on Sat Mar 14 11:00:10 PST 1998