Re: TLC 2 - Hard record feature

On Feb 28,  6:19, KaySievert at worldnet.att.net wrote:
} Subject: TLC 2   -   Hard record feature

> While I still haven't figured out why those editorials can't
> handle the footage with continuous time code throughout a
> tape (seem's to work fine for feature films)

separate hours on each film lab roll in commercial work are desirable
for the way we approach the dailies and final transfers.  The timecode
'space' between rolls allows for pickups of multiple passes of
alternate looks and speeds on shots recorded during the final
transfer, using a fixed offset of, for example, one minute, without
bumping into the code of the next film roll.  It is of significant
help for the editor and the organization of the job.

--Rob Lingelbach
Pacific Ocean Post
Santa Monica, CA

rob at teklab.com                    KB6CUN   http://www.alegria.com

---
Thanks to Avtek Systems for support in 1998.
No product marketing allowed on the main TIG.  Contact rob at alegria.com
929 subscribers in 36 countries on Sat Feb 28 06:05:23 PST 1998